Sunday, July 7, 2013

Other Random Wedding Items

I don't feel like any of these deserve their own post, so I am grouping them all together.

First, Silverware!! We bought a bunch of plastic silver cutlery and wrapped them in dollar tree napkins, put some ribbon around it, sealed with a hot glue gun, and here they are!


 Next, aisle decorations. The plaques were less than a dollar each at walmart, I just stained them with a cheap stain purchased at the same place and painted on the verses. These aren't done, I am still needing to have Caleb drill a hole in the top of each one so I can put some ribbon through them and tie them onto chairs going down the aisle (assuming that we have chairs.. we still need to figure that out..)


On the note of chairs, we currently have ten waterproof picnic blankets for people to sit on. I ordered them on a website called called aliexpress.com which to me seems like a cross between amazon and ebay. It took around 20 days for them to get here, but it was only $60 including shipping for all ten, which is a pretty good deal. We have already been using one on our various outings and we love it. At least one other friend getting married this summer is going to use them after us.

We also ordered a wagon for Rohan to ride in since he is definitely not going to start walking in the next week and a half. It was around $70 on ebay, which is a good deal considering that the radio flyer equivalent is close to $140. I made a blanket out of fabric and batting scraps that I had in a bin, put some ribbon around it and called it good.


And lastly, to go with the wagon I painted another walmart plaque to attach to the back of it :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment