Sunday, July 7, 2013

Wedding Program Fans

Our wedding is outdoors, in the middle of summer, no naturally it is probably going to be pretty hot. So I really liked the idea of having a wedding program that was also a fan. I looked at a bunch of different variations of this, and the one I liked the best is the one featured in this tutorial:
http://www.intimateweddings.com/blog/easy-diy-wedding-programs-tutorial/

I don't want people at my wedding to be bored out of their minds, so I have been trying to come up with little ways to entertain people, and the idea of having puzzles on the backs of them seem like the perfect idea! I chose to do the letter puzzle and word search like on the blog, but I did a crossword puzzle instead of the madlib. Here are the examples of mine.


The crossword and wordsearch puzzles  were made using online generators, and the word making puzzle was made using paint in about five minutes. Next was the front with the program, I again did a google search and looked at images from a ton of different wedding programs and chose what I liked best from them, found a pretty swirly image for the side, and TADA! This one took me closer to ten minutes on paint, but that is still pretty painless.
 

I printed the puzzles out on plain white paper, and the program side on purple paper and used my rotary cutter to cut them to the appropriate size (destroyed the blade, but those are cheap enough, and I use that thing maybe five times a year). Next I folded 80 pieces of turquoise card stock in half. I used double sided sticky tape for the edges of the paper and a hot glue gun to attach the jumbo popsicle sticks.


Then the double sided tape again to attach the program to one side and the puzzles to the other side. I believe I went through around 14 rolls of tape, but luckily it was again all from the dollar tree.


 I ended up having to redo the program side. Our officiant decided he was too nervous to speak in front of people and would like us to find somebody else, so I had to pull all of the programs off and reprint, cut and stick new ones on once we finally found a new officiant! That felt like it took forever, but it wasn't too difficult. Definitely made me glad this was a DIY project and I didn't order them all online!

No comments:

Post a Comment